Monday, February 2, 2009

Today's Menu: Hypertension

I finally decided to go back to my dermatologist today for a very, very long overdue follow up check for my contact dermatitis. I dropped by the Vital Signs section of the clinic for a quick blood pressure check. I was surprised to find out my BP is at high, 150/90. I told the nurse I'll take a rest and come back in a few minutes. I was surprise not because it's something new. I had been hypertensive already. I was surprised because I felt no symptoms at all. Most of the times that my BP soars high, I would feel some discomfort already. That's when I take my medicine. I don't really follow the doctor's advise to make Norvask a maintenance medicine. I am afraid of complications.

Today, the truth that hypertension is really a traitor disease was clear to me. It can occur without any symptoms at all. I tried not to panic as I don't want to worsen it. I proceeded to my derma's appointment and was prescribed Prednisone for a week. As I was about to leave the clinic, I realized I haven't asked her if it's okay to take steroids when blood pressure is high. Good thing she was still there and was told to cross out Pred from the prescription.

Sigh, I could have die because of that should I haven't had my BP checked earlier. Ouch!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'CoolingFall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008