Friday, August 21, 2009

What's Your Discipline Gadget?

Am I a bad momma if I induce corporal punishment on my kids at times? Would you do it to your kids and do you believe that corporal punishment is sometimes necessary to instill discipline in your children?

My hubby and I are guilty as charge as being lenient parents probably giving our kids too much freedom of expression at home. I consider them lucky. I grew up with a firewood or belt on my butt and mongo seeds or salt on my knees all the time. I shudder at the thought but I never hated my mom for doing such. However, I never want my kids to experience the same.

But I do I have this at home.
Small canes like this are sold
in stores here in Singapore
 
We bought it for the sake of fun but had never used it on my boys. I never needed it.

This is enough.


And I could use this if I want to, but I don't.
Yes, I do give my two boys a whip when needed but this is the form of discipline that is sparingly used at home. It is extreme measure for us and a whip or two is already enough. I am proud to say that my kids are not rowdy. They are just kids. Makulit, malikot minsan, maingay, makalat but that's what kids are.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'CoolingFall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008